Full disclosure: Besides being a Derpy Hoover and running Ponyleaks, I’m also second chair of Your Siblings and have gradually become part of Bronies for Good. So help yourselves to some copypasta about our awesome ongoing and upcoming projects!
Amazing news everybody!
We just broke the $18,000 bar on the donation page! In fact, we all even raised more than $21,000 for the Children’s Cancer Association, because all of the tips to GlobalGiving got back to the CCA as an extra bonus, so that they actually receive $3,000 more than what is shown!
There is only one week left until the 25th, when the winners of the prizes are decided, so be quick if you want to be one of them! As of now, the two top donors are tied for first prize, and the four top donors after them for the second, so I want to make sure everything is clear on what will happen if they don’t make other donations by the 25th. As explained in the initial post, donations are cumulative and in the event of a tie, the donor whose last donation was made the earliest will get priority.
Thank you so much to all of you for your generosity, and a big shout-out to all of the artists who contributed to this! We will still be taking taking donations for a while, but be sure to follow the instructions to get the album.
Because good things do not end, we are currently working toward an even bigger event, and we are looking for artists willing to lend their talent and help a worthy cause!
This next event, “Seeds of Kindness,” will fund two projects:
- The first $10,000 collected will be used to complete the building and supplying of a clinic in Uganda, where there is less than one doctor per 12,000 people, and life expectancy is only about fifty years. After this initial impulse, the clinic will be self-sustainable and able to provide free emergency care without any external help for anyone who can’t afford to pay for it.
- When the clinic is fully funded, the next donations will be used to build a Green Village in Burundi, where street children who lost their parents to the civil war can find a home and learn to earn their subsistence without having to resort to crime.
- The policy of our partner, Your Siblings, is to cover all travel and personal costs as well as money transfer fees independently from donations, so that 100% of what you give will be spent exclusively on said projects.
How you can help:
- My Little Remix is currently working on another charity album, which will be instantly sent to every donor. If you’re good with music and want to contribute to this cause, you can find more info here.
- Just as with Smile!, we would like to offer extra prizes to the most generous donors! We can’t say exactly how much before the event ends, but we received huge donations, and their sum is several times higher than the sum of what each individual prize would have sold for on eBay. If you either make or own custom pony art (or even non-pony stuff such as Steam gifts) and want to use your talent to make the world a better place to live, we would love to collaborate with you, so shoot us an email: broniesforgood at gmail dot com!
- If you are more versed in the digital arts and can’t make any physical gift, you can also contribute with a gift to charity and the whole community: We are also looking for various kinds of media that can be released to celebrate major milestones! If you are up for the challenge, email us with your ideas and we will contact you with further information and advice.
Once again, thank you all so much for making all of this possible!
Love and solidarity to you all.