CHARITY ALERT! We’ve got another charity action that’s going down this Saturday at the Brony Bazaar meet-up. As always, check out the full details after break and be sure to admire this poster…You know…For charity.
We here at BfG, in collaboration with Ponies for Oxygen and NYC bronies, are putting together an online charity auction to help raise enough money help purchase an oxygen machine for Gaylene Fox, the mother of CloudKicker and Whoof. Her ailment (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) has left her lungs in a very damaged state and has made it extremely difficult for her to breathe without the use of an oxygen machine. We are still a little over $1,000 short of the final goal, so if you would like help us afford the oxygen machine for Gaylene while also your chance to grab some awesome pony prizes, then feel free to check out the item’s up for grabs below!
- Fluttershy pony toy (Large Fluttershy in Gala dress)
- Sets of pins of this gentlecolt here: http://bronybadges.ecrater.com/
- Commission from Zeneffy:
- **Full set of 15 pins (Mane Six, the princesses, the CMC, Vinyl, Tavi, Lyra, and Derpy
- A commission from Supperrobotrainrainbowpig: (http://superrobotrainbowpig.deviantart.com/)
- A commission from the artist of this work:
- **A Twilightlicious poster signed by Tara Strong
- **A “Join the Herd” poster signed by Tara, Lauren Faust, and John D’ Lancey
- A Rainbow Dash themed duct-tape hat (http://derpy.me/t0Ztp)
- Pony scarves from MasterTortilla27 of BfG ( http://mastertortilla27.deviantart.com/
- **A full set of Season One MLP blindbags (includes extra prizes in the package , see Ebay listing for more details)
Here is how it works:
We will be having a table at the Brony Bazaar, a Bronies-NYC meetup on September 1st, with a majority of the prizes that we have up for the silent auction. There, we will have two 2 table staffers who will caretaking the items and facilitate the bidding process. The specially marked “**” item’s above will also be available on ebay for concurrent online/offline bidding. Here are the listings according to item:
Signed “Join the herd” poster by Lauren Faust, Tara Strong, and John De Lancie
My Little Pony Signed “Twilightlicious” Poster by Tara Strong
My Little Pony Full Pin Set
My little Pony full Season 1 Blindbag collection with extras!
So, If a bid is made at the event is greater than the highest bid on ebay, then we will close the online auction on ebay and award the item to the highest bidder at the Brony Bazaar.The auction will be left open until one day after the event, at that time, a winner will be deicded between the auction on Ebay and the auction at the event itself. The closing time for the auction is 11:59 PM EST on September 2nd.
Another important thing to note is that during the event (September 1st,) we will have a google doc up showing the winning bid between both the Ebay listings and those bidding on the item in the silent auction. That way, you know what the winning bid really is!
We will also have other prizes, such as commissions from artists and other pony toys and pins. If you would like to know anything about our smaller prizes and if you are interested in placing bids on some of them, please don’t hesitate to contact my email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any general questions about the auction, however, should be sent to Broniesforgood@gmail.com, and we would be glad to assist you with any question you have about the auction.
Anyway, that’s it for now everyone. Be sure to spread the word and thank you for your ongoing support!