Last Day for Balloon Party’s IndieGoGo Page
Last day for the Balloon Party fundraiser. To refresh your memory, the fund raiser is to help community musicians reach Bronycon this summer. Have some copypasta from the IndieGoGo page.
Hello, everyone! I am one of many many musicians who are here to ask for your help. I am a member of a community that loves to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and we have been making our own, independently created fan music in appreciation of the show for a wide audience of friends and fans who too love the series. We are an immense array of musicians, a good number of which are focused on developing a hardcore album, going balls-to-the-wall, from hard rock to badass orchestra to crazy electro (and so many other genres that go hardcore), all in the spirit of making music about ponies. The image you see is a pony parody of Knife Party. It’s quite simply an awesome and amusing parody, don’t you think?
The quality of the songs that we are producing aims to be as high as we can individually muster, and the best part is that we are releasing this album for free for the community to enjoy, we absolutely guarantee that. In addition, we’re also developing a (free) 3D fighter action video game on the side, just for the heck of it! We are a collective of hobbyists set out to make some awesome stuff and have a good time. Even the people making the My Little Pony cartoon show know about Balloon Party, and they love what they’re seeing and hearing.
The aim of this fundraiser drive is that we wish to fund the attendance of as many musicians as we can to attend Bronycon, a 2-day event in New Jersey where we can also enjoy playing our music live for a currently estimated 4,000 attendants!
Elements of Charity Weekend Drive Meets Goals
Over the weekend the folks over at Ponies Live Now ran a 24-hour charity drive with the help of Inky Notebook and the Traveling Pony Museum. The charity was for Inked! Art for Africa, a charity drive set up by Madeline Peters (voice actress of Scootaloo). In general, the money goes to help fight famine in Africa. The drive itself had a goal of $10,000 dollars and that goal was met with interest at $10,788 dollars. The even garnished words of encouragements via recordings from Andrea Libman and Ashleigh Ball.
From the community itself was a long guest list, including Bronies for Good who were promoting their Seeds of Kindness Charity event, Egophiliac of Moonstuck, Epic Wub Time creator Robbob, artists John Joseco and Pixelkitties, and many more. Full press release after the page break.
The amazing 24-hour charity mare-a-thon organised by Inky Notebook of the Traveling Pony Museum to benefit Inked! Art for Africa, hosted by the wonderful bronies at Ponies Live Now and featuring interviewers from Everfree Radio and The Brony Show, has now drawn to a close! All charitable goals were met: The mare-a-thon not only pushed the charity program (organised by Scootaloo voice actress Maddy Peters) over its goal, but it also exceeded the mare-a-thon’s own goal of $5,000 given!
Inked! Art for Africa is now funded at over 107% of its goal, largely thanks to the generosity of the brony community.
It was a full 24 hours of video gaming, chatting, general silliness, and lots and lots of interviews. Along the way, the hundreds of bronies who showed up in the stream received encouragement in audio fromthree of the amazing VAs from the show: Ms. Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy), Ms. Ashleigh Ball (Rainbow Dash, Applejack), and ’Inked! Art for Africa’ organiser Miss Madeline Peters(Scootaloo) herself. Have a listen to their messages of encouragement!
In the end, the following pony groups and organisations showed up (most of them scheduled appearances, but a few as special surprise appearances):
- Bronies for Good, promoting the Seeds of Kindness charity event!
- Bronies-Phoenix organiser Puzzle Plate
- BronyCon staffer, maintainer of bronies.com, and organiser of the Bronies-DC meetup group Xiagu
- The Brony Show host Circuit Mane
- B.U.C.K. publicity manager Ruth Chandwich (surprise appearance!)
- Canterlot Gardens co-chair Perry the Pony (surprise appearance!)
- Egophiliac, well-known pony artist, creator of Moonstuck and the Alfalfa Monster
- Epic Wub Time creator Robbob of Alligator in the Tub Productions
- Equestria Daily staffer Calpain
- Everfree NW board member RoyGBiv (surprise appearance!)
- Fetchbeer, pony artist of adorableness
- Foal Papers, Twitterbrony and Classics scholar extraordinaire
- GalaCon staffer Gerjet Betker
- Garrett Gilchrist, artist, painter, director, editor, and The Greatest Living Actor
- Humble Brony Bundle founder and chair Cupcakes Nom
- MrPoniator, prolific pony animator
- John Joseco, famously prolific and talented pony artist extraordinaire
- LaserPon3, incredible laserist and producer of unique and beautiful laser ponies
- Pen Stroke, author of Past Sins
- PixelKitties, producer of adorable pony art, creater of detailed backgrounds, and beer enthusiast
- Purple Tinker, charity promoter, retired founder of BronyCon, Bronies-NYC & bronies.com
- RainbowDash.net admin MrDragon
- ROBCakeran53, author of My Little Dashie (surprise appearance!)
- The Round Stable editor and PonyGoons admin KefkaFloyd
- TrotCon staffers PinFilly/Darkly Cute and Starshine
- Tsyolin, pony musician, formerly known as ApplejackTheEngineer
- Your Siblings co-founders Lisa and Telofy (surprise appearance!)
Interviewing this tremendous cavalcade of brony community members was quite a task! Interviewers included Crescendo, Final Draft, Nash, and Socksy of Everfree Radio, D-Pad of The Brony Show,Inky Notebook of The Traveling Pony Museum, and Robbob of Alligator in the Tub Productions. They did an amazing job dealing with such a large task and making it FUN!