- BronyDays: Opening Ticket Sales
- Crystal Fair: “Ponify Finland” Art Competition
- BronyCAN: Travel Details Arranged
- DerpyCon South: Indiegogo Campaign
- DerpyCon South: Singopation Contest Extention
BronyDays: Opening Ticket Sales
Fillies and gentlecolts,
the BronyDays staff is pleased to announce that the tickets for the convention are now available for sale! You can purchase them online at our website.
We offer three types of tickets:
- The Frenchy ticket is the standard ticket, granting access to the entire convention the whole week-end. Price: 49 euros until the 4th of August, 54 euros from the 5th of August.
- The Fancy ticket is a VIP ticket that, beside granting you access to the entire convention the whole week-end, allows you to enter by a special queue line and to receive a fabulous figurine of our mascot, Madame Banane. Price: 99 euros.
- The Flash ticket grants you acess to the convention the Saturday only, not the Sunday. Price: 35 euros
Purchase you Frenchy ticket in July for the 9% discount, and rendezvous in Paris, October 2013!
The BronyDays staff
Crystal Fair: “Ponify Finland” Art Competition
Hey everypony, here’s some news from up north, Finland to be more exact! There’s only a year left until Crystal Fair, so we decided to do something special for the occasion.
We’ve launched an art competition on our deviantArt page, with the theme “Ponify Finland”! The task is to take something related to Finland, and add a pony (or a whole bunch of ponies) to it. For example, you can simply take our mascot, Aurora, or even your own OC, and put them in a Finnish situation, like a sauna. Or, you could take a famous Finn, and ponify him/her. The possibilities are endless! Your creativity is the limit.
A couple of well know, but yet to be named, fandom community members will act as the judges for the competition, and pick out their favorites. They will choose the winners that they think have done the best creation, and which represents Finland, the best they see fit!
The whole competition will last nine months, but will be divided into three consecutive parts, lasting three months each. Each part will be announced after the previous has ended. The first part has started on the 4th of July, focusing on Digital Art. Any sort of digital creations that deviantArt accepts are welcome!
From each of the three parts, three winners will be chosen. The best one of these three participants will receive a free Crystal Fair – T-shirt! A print of the top three works will be available in a bundle at our Charity auction at Crystal Fair, naturally with proper credit given to the selected artists.
Please make sure to submit your entry before the deadline 4. October 2013 23:50 (GMT) o’clock. You are only allowed to enter once, but you are allowed to change your submission. The Crystal Fair deviantArt administrators will go through every submission before allowing them into the group, in order to avoid any violation of the competition’s rules.
Here are the general rules for the competition:
• Only Safe For Work material will be accepted (Specifically no pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive material, tasteless nudity, extreme violence or gore is allowed).
• All entries must be original artwork created by you from scratch. Do not plagiarize, copy or trace existing artworks. However, for Photoshop creations you may use free stock photos or any photography you have been given a permission to use by the author. Sequential artworks (comics) are also allowed.
• You may not use any copyrighted characters or creations of any other artists without their permission.
• You may not use the original name of a product or an individual person in your creation, unless you have a written permission from them to do so.
• Please note that in submitting your artwork, you also agree to allow Crystal Fair to use your artwork for promotional purposes of future art events and competitions.
• In order to receive a prize, you must be willing to share your personal information with the Crystal Fair (Such as name, address, etc).
• For physical creations, you must either be willing to deliver them to the convention in person or to send it in by mail to an address we will specify, as the item in question must be present at the Charity auction.
If you wish to participate, check out our deviantArt page for more specific rules and info related to the competition.
Also, feel free to check out the con’s website at your own leisure, unless you’ve already done so. We generally post con updates once a month. You can also find links to our various social media channels on the front page. By following them you can be sure not to miss any relevant updates.
We hope you decide to participate and are looking forward to seeing your submissions.
Of course, we also hope to see you at the con.
The Crystal Fair Convention Crew
BronyCAN: Travel Details Arranged
Are you seeking to attend our convention but you may not have the means to get here? This announcement is for you! Force Start has collaborated with us in setting up travel arrangements to help bring you to BronyCAN!
For Canadian attendees: We have several cross-Canada brony buses leaving from several locations in the eastern provinces. Buses will leave from Quebec City, Toronto, Sudbury, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Red Deer, and Calgary. If you are interested, feel free to read the details and sign up here (You MUST sign up before July 23rd, 2013):
Sign-Up Sheet (Alberta Only):
Sign-Up Sheet (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and other eastern provinces):
Transport with us on our buses and you will be entered in to raffles for MLP merch such as DVDs, vinyl figurines, and figure sets, all valued at over $250!
For United States attendees: You can book flights to Vancouver B.C. from your location in the US with United Airlines and American Airlines at a reduced price. Use promotion code “ZQET787750” at United Airlines or promotion code “A1883DA” at American Airlines and get 10% or 5% off your flight respectively! Discount codes are valid from August 18th to August 29th inclusively.
That’s all for now, and we hope to see you at our convention!
We would like to remind everyone that those interested in registering for BronyCAN may do so via our website: http://www.bronycan.com/registration.html
As well, anyone looking to purchase a hotel room for the event is encouraged to use our special promo code “BRONYCAN” to get an awesome discount exclusive to our attendees. (Free gift basket full of pony merch, Wi-Fi, airport shuttle, and parking included in price!): http://www.bronycan.com/hotel
If you book a room at our hotel, the Executive Airport Plaza, you will be entered into our Hotel Booking Draw: http://www.bronycan.com/contest.html You could win an invite to our VIP dinner with our guests and staff, your hotel room, your two-day weekend pass, and a $100 gift certificate to spend on meals!
Finally, we’ve got many more great announcements on the way, so make sure to follow us on Tumblr: http://ask-bronycan.tumblr.com, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BronyCAN, like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BronyCAN, and keep an eye on our website for the most up-to-date BronyCAN news!
DerpyCon South: Indiegogo Campaign
DerpyCon South has just got our fundraiser together.
Here’s the link: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/derpycon-south/x/3852231
DerpyCon South: Singopation Contest Extention
We at DerpyCon South are pleased to announce that we are extending our Singopation contest to the end of July!
Not sure what Singopation is? You’re in luck, since the lovely Batma- I mean, Beignet is here to explain the details to you.
Write a song about Spitfire in first person and enter for a chance to perform your song live at DerpyCon South, alongside our special guest, the wonderful Ms. Anneli Heed!
Ms. Heed is a Swedish stand up comedian, impersonator and voice actress, well known for voicing Spitfire in the Swedish dub of MLP:FiM. In the same dub, she also voices Spike, Cheerilee, Photo Finish, Sweetie Belle, and several background ponies, as well as providing the singing voice for Rainbow Dash.
Full contest details below;
-Song must be in first person
-Can be any style or genre
-Must be under 5 minutes long
-Lyrical content may not go beyond a PG rating
The winner will be chosen by Anneli herself, you can host your song on any site as long as it can be streamed without requiring download (Youtube, SoundCloud, etc)
Winner will have the chance to rehearse the song with Anneli beforehand.
Afraid you won’t be able to afford the trip? DerpyCon South is glad to lend a hoof! We are happy to assist with travel, lodging and we’ll even give you a free badge to the convention.
Everypony is welcome to enter, all cities and countries are eligible for trip assistance.
We hope to see your song onstage this October at DerpyCon South!
Check us out at http://www.derpycons.com