If there’s something we’ve noticed, it’s that PMVs rarely get big, awesome events. There’s compilations sure, but by and large, it’s a big part of the fandom that doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves, considering the work that often gets put in.
To clear that up, Everfree NorthWest is announcing a contest for all of the hard working PMV makers out there.
The contest itself is fairly basic: Make a new PMV (don’t recycle an old one, please!) and submit it to us. After we round up all the submissions, our judges with take a look and bring it down to a select few that will be screened at a special panel during the convention. The audience will vote for their favorites, and the winner(s) will get prizes!
Not much more to say, really. We don’t want to impose many limits on creativity. Check out the full rules below!
1) The work must be created by the submitter (or submitters, in the case of collaborators), must be original work, and should be a new work (We’re relying on the honor system here, folks).
2) The Creator(s), upon submission, are giving the convention Everfree NorthWeat permission to use the work for the purposes of the contest, including but not limited to: public viewing and web-posting.
3) All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time (PST) July 14th, 2012. Any submissions after this date are invalid and ineligible to take part in this contest.
4) Winners will be determined and announced during the convention (August 17th – 19th, 2012). Public announcement will follow.
5) Submissions are to be emailed to email@example.com , in appropriate video format, with PMV, your name, and the name of the PMV in the email Subject Line. In addition, for the sake of our judges, a link should be provided to an internet hosted version of the PMV (ie. Youtube).
6) The guideline for length of the PMV is around 4 to 6 minutes. This is not a hard rule, so we do encourage longer submissions, if you wish.
7)As a family friendly convention, we will not be accepting any submissions using elements that would be above a PG-13 rating.