Thursday at New York Comic Con has drawn to a close and already we have some news featuring our technicolored ponies in comic form and one bit of news for Littlest Pet Shop. Click below to see some of the highlights.
-Littlest Pet Shop will be coming out with a $10 hardcover in November
My Little Pony News
- Katie Cook (writer) and Amy Mebberson (artist) were both on the panel representing the My Little Pony team
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic # 25-26 is a two-parter called “The Good, The Bad and the Pony”
- Comes with a variant Villain cover done by Andy Price
- My Little Pony: Friends Forever #11 will feature the first art appearance of Jay Fosgitt drawing for Ted Anderson
- Friends Forever #12 featuring Pinkie Pie and TS will be written by Barbara Kesel and drawn by Brenda Hickey
- Jem and the Holograms will be getting a comic early 2015, no creative team announced
Any more Luna in a major role?
- Amy Mebberson: Will be starring in upcoming Friends Forever comic and future main comic appearance
Potential for crossovers between all Hasbro properties and all IDW properties
- Possible pitch to make Unicorn transformer with a cutie mark
- No comment from John Barber (editor and writer of Transformers comics)
Power Ponies spinoff?
- Katie Cook: Don’t see why not. Just ask Ted Anderson and Ben Bates if they want to do it
Equestria Girls/Monster High crossover?
- Katie: It would be like the Jets and Sharks in the meeting room between Mattel and Hasbro.
How much input does Hasbro have over the comics? (Transformers question)
- Suggest characters sometimes, no absolute demand to put a new character into the comic
Revisit Equestria Girls universe after Rainbow Rocks?
- Being discussed. Not sure at the moment