On the heels of the whole Royal Wedding celebration, LAWeekly under their Arts & Culture Blog released an article entitled Top 5 Lessons for Adults from MLP:FiM. Now truthfully I’ll admit that I’m not a fan of people who actually learn lessons from the show, for the fact these are lessons we’re suppose to learn as a child (which the show is teaching to its demographic audience). But hey, not everyone in the world gets a well rounded childhood, and if the show actually makes ya a better person with its lessons, who can complain.
The full article can be read here. Here’s a quick list of the “Lessons”.
- Don’t Become So Serious About Your Work That You Forget Your Friends (Friendship is Magic Part 1 & 2)
- Don’t Freak Out About The Future (It’s About Time)
- Don’t Fear Embarrassment (Hurricane Fluttershy)
- Don’t Be Too Modest (Boast Busters)
- Don’t Try To Do Everything Yourself (Applebuck Season)