WorldScreen just published an interview with Stephen Davis, the president of Hasbro Studios. In it, he mentions the fifth season of Friendship is Magic.

There have been some indications that the production (now the recording) of season 5 is underway, but this is probably the most unequivocal confirmation so far.

We have My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. We are now going into our fifth season—just a tremendous success for usDerpy News.

10 comments on “Season 5 Mentioned by President of Hasbro Studios

• Anonymous says:

Thank you very much!

What does “We have My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. We are now going into our fifth season—just a tremendous success for us. We are now going into our second season of Littlest Pet Shop.” means? LPS season 2 is now on TV, right? Didn’t they finish doing it, or does he meant to say season 4 of MLP?

1. Battra says:

Nope this season been pretty crap don’t think i’ll be returning for a season 5 of even more piss poor writing.

• Kryptonlogic says:

I honest think this season has been very different but a huge improvement on previous seasons. S1-S3 will always have the special “Lauren Faust” feeling but Season 4 just feels more mature. Its too bad you feel that way :/

• Anonymous says:

The writing doesn’t bother me, just the direction.

I miss Rob Renzetti and Woottie.

2. Neon Streaks says:

I agree Kryptonlogic. I love this season, it has that vibe that season 1 and 2 had. well at least to me.

3. Anonymous says:

I hope to god they make Derpy talk again and have a larger role in an episode. Also include a number of Background Ponies.

4. Anonymous says:

Eeeerrrrr….. since many people are complaining about the S4 so far…. can you say me WHY? WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE SEASON SO FAR?!

I can understand the critics about the S3 (Sombra with no characterization, bad characterization in One Bad Apple, Applejack and Spike portrayed as stupids in their episodes, and the stupid plot of Games Ponies Play).

But so far in S4, there’s nothing (and i point NOTHING) wrong about it. WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH YOU?

5. Anonymous says:

Yes! Season five I can’t believe it! And I thought season four was the last season. But, season four s good so far.