Coder has released the results of the Herd Census 2013.
Turns out I’m mainstream. About 28% of us are INTJ, the second rarest Myers-Briggs personality type (a test can be found here) with an incidence of about 2–4% in the general population. (I oscillate between INTJ and INFJ.) More of the most interesting results are listed below.
I also noted with great satisfaction that certain weak points of the questionnaire that had been pointed out were addressed in the report. If you detect further shortcomings, then Coder will surely appreciate your input to further improve the next iteration of the survey.
To the right the charity chart, because it’s damn important.
After a month of furious number crunching, the first report from the 2013 Brony Herd Census is now complete. The “2013 State of the Herd Report: Basic Statistics” contains the basic information gathered for every questions in the survey. Later reports will look at more in-depth relationships between various factors, such as how gender and age affect attitudes about the fandom (and, of course, favorite pony.)
The report can be downloaded as a PDF document by going to http://www.herdcensus.com. Over the next few days, the full set of charts from the report will also become available on the Herd Census site, in a gallery section.
Some highlights from the initial report:
- The Brony herd has aged slightly from 2012, but is still young, with a mean age just over 20.
- 24% of Bronies reported being in a serious relationship in the 12 months
- Mexico now has the 6th largest concentration of Bronies, bumping down Sweden and Finland.
- Bronies have a significantly lower degree of divorce in their families, compared to the US average.
- 64% of Bronies are full time students
- Only 2.4% of Bronies cosplay regularly
- Nearly three quarters of Bronies have never attended a meetup
- More than 90% of Bronies believe that the term ‘Brony’ applies to either men or women
- 46% of Bronies listen to Brony music nearly every day
- One rare personality type accounts for 28% of all Bronies
- Applejack is not among the 6 favorite characters of the fandom (but you’ll need to read the report to see who took her place in the “Mane Six”)
Demographer by Appointment to Her Majesty, Princess Twilight Sparkle
(Who has been handed over responsibility for the Equestrian Census Department)