The State of the Herd Report of 2014 has been released, and Coder also supplied us with some highlights!
- Males are down to 81% of the fandom, continuing a trend of more female Bronies
- Mean Brony age rose 8 months between 2013 and 2014 to 20.88 years
- Russia is now the #4 country of Brony residence, and US Bronies now make up only 58% of the Herd
- Utah has the most Bronies per capita in the US, Mississippi continues to trail the pack
Median household income for Brony zip codes was $61,578, more than $10,000 over the national median
- Bronies identifying as ‘furry’ rose from 17% in 2013 to 21% in 2014
- 84% of Bronies identify as exclusively or mainly heterosexual
- 45% of Bronies are also Anime fans, 19% are comic book fanatics
- 10% of the fandom joined since Season 3 ended
- 61% of Bronies approve of Twilight’s alicorn status, but more disliked Equestria Girls than liked it
- Half of Bronies use YouTube as their primary means of watching the show, 24% of US Bronies watch mainly via The Hub
- More than a third of Bronies purchased a MLP comic book in the last year
- Bronies are more open to new experience than the general population and have higher scores on agreeableness, but do not test higher for introversion
- Twilight Sparkle continues her domination of Statistically Best Pony, and Luna has moved up into third position. 8 Bronies voted for Tom as best pony. Applejack is again left out of the Statistical Mane 6
- Twilight is also the most identified with pony, but Luna is most liked in episodes.