Well a few days ago during SDCC it was announced that a deal was struck between comic book publisher IDW and Hasbro. Seems in the past they had such deals with other Hasbro Property, namely the Transformers and G.I. Joe franchises, so its only natural for them to produce an MLP based comic. The two person team behind the comic is Katie Cook (writer) and Andy Price (artist). Katie can be found on Twitter and over at a typepad site known as KatieCanDaw, and runs a webcomic by the name of Gronk: A Monster’s Story. Andy can be found over on DeviantArt. Yesterday he posted a journal entry thanking everyone who found him via the pony blogs, and tossed a few answers to questions he must have been getting. The entry can be found below (if the image is too small, click on it to go to the DA post). Here’s a quick run down:
- No sneak peeks will be given, and of course any information posted about the comic will require Hasbro & IDW’s approval.
- The comic book will be original stories, not adaptations.
- Target Audience will be the same as the show.
- Keep an eye on the background, they love to sneak goodies.
- The book will be available via comic shops and IDW does offer digital online services.
- The comic will not be done digitally, old school hand crafted artwork.