I’ve been hearing a lot of people ask “Who is Rob Renzetti?” since the news about Season 3 came out yesterday. So I figured a little history lesson was in order.
Rob Renzetti was in short the story editor for Season 1 & 2. He is an American animator and director who has been involved with plenty of the so called classic cartoons we talk about. Spent his college days as an art major at the University of Illinois of Chicago, and then attending an animation program at Columbia College Chicago for one year, along with fellow classmate Genndy Tartakovsky. Both would then attend the California Institute of Arts where they would be roommates.
His resume for cartoons is long, and there’s a 90% chance you’ve watched something, somewhere that had him working on it.
- 2 Stupid Dogs (writer / storyboard artist)
- Dexter’s Laboratory (director / storyboard artist / animation director)
- The Powerpuff Girls (writer / storyboard artist)
- Family Guy (director, Ep 2.18 & 3.6)
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law (director)
- Samurai Jack (sheet timer)
- Whatever Happened to Robot Jones (supervising producer)
- My Life as a Teenage Robot (creator)
- Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends (post supervising / director)
- Adventure Time (Episode 1.3)
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (story editor)