It’s time to whip out those vocal exercises because back this April, is Season 2 of The Voice: Equestria! We challenge you to show us what you’ve got in that mouth of yours, in the ultimate contest of audible creativity. Make it to the final round and the woman of a 1,000 voices herself, Tara Strong and her friends get to hear your vocal talent, on stage, in lights, in front of a live audience at BABSCon. But we don’t want to hear your best impressions of Twilight or Pinkie, we want your own characters out of your own head. That’s right, we want your OCs. So, do you have what it takes to impress Tara and our other Guests of Honor?
If you, brave and talented soul, are attending BABSCon this April and wish to enter, submit to us a short YouTube video of yourself strutting your stuff and that wicked tongue of yours, then tweet a link of that video to @babsconsf with the hashtag #TheVoiceEquestria, or post to ourFacebook, to grab the pre-contest judges’ attention. Finalists will be chosen to compete and perform in front of a panel of our Guests of Honor for the grand prize and the title of being The Voice of Equestria.
- You must be attending BABSCon in person and be 18 or over to be eligible.
- To enter, upload a video to YouTube (or similar service) of no more than 3 minutes in length displaying your range as a VA* (Note: This is NOT “mimic as many ponies from MLP:FiM as possible”…we want distinct characters with a variety of pitches, tonalities, accents, etc.).
- Tweet a link of your video to @babsconsf with the hashtag #TheVoiceEquestria, or post to our Facebook, to submit it, and send an email to [email protected] with your name, BABSCon badge name, email address, and phone number.
- Our staff will select finalists from the submissions to compete on stage, live at BABSCon, where Tara Strong herself, plus two more of the show’s VAs will audition you!
- Finalists from The Voice: Equestria Season 1 are not eligible.
We’ll be accepting entries from now until 1/31/15.*
*By submitting an entry to The Voice: Equestria, you grant BABSCon permission to use your video, or any portion of it, for promotional purposes, though ownership of the video remains yours.
We also have some bittersweet news for you. Due to his RAW ACTING TALENT, John de Lancie will be reprising his role in a theatrical production of the play, Mr. Wolf, whose run includes the weekend of BABScon 2015. He returns to his role as the title character which he played at the 2014 Pacific Playwrights Festival last April. The run was so successful, that they called him back for a longer run in 2015:
“Unfortunately, and with much disappointment on his part, John de Lancie must postpone his appearance at BABSCon until 2016 due to a work conflict that has just arisen. He has been cast in an exciting play, which will be in preparation and performance during the period of the convention. He truly regrets he won’t be able to attend the show in 2015, but he looks forward to 2016. Imagine how many more tales he will have to tell by then! As soon as the official announcement of his appearance in the play is announced, we will post the link here. He would love to see some MLP fans at the play (it is called Mr. Wolf and is a really great role for John!). He sends his best wishes and will see you all in 2016 at BABSCon!”
See? it’s not all bad. Mr. de Lancie is excited to appear at BABSCon in 2016, plus BABCon has been presented with the opportunity to book even more of the fantastic people that bring us the magical world of Equestria and My Little Pony into our lives! And starting now, we plan to announce new guests and contests every 5 days! Discord or not, BABSCon 2015 will be bigger and better than ever! And don’t forget, you could be our next big VA on stage with The Voice: Equestria. The competition starts now!
Get 10% off registration with code