This year, the creative efforts from all across the fandom will get more spotlight at GalaCon. A big part in that plays the improved Art Gallery combined with the new Silent Auction. That won’t be all, though – Another part will be Project GLACEON, a concept brought together by our wonderful volunteers.
GLACEON stands for GalaCon Artists Cards Edition Original Network and aims to promote and cherish the visual art in the pony community. The project will feature art trading cards avaible at GalaCon, created by artists all across the fandom! Attendees can acquire a card or more exclusively at the Bronies For Good booth – For a donation just barely in the two-digit range, you can receive cards as a sign of gratitude for your generosity! You will be able to see the cards both at the booth and as a complete set exhibited in the Art Gallery.
Every artist can give it a shot and submit a card! There are a few rules to keep in mind:
- Your card needs to be in a print size of exact 2,5 x 3,5 inch (6,4 x 8,9 cm) and at least 600 dpi or more if possible. Your file needs to be in PNG format. If you’re not sure if your file is high res enough, do a test print and check if it looks pixelated.
- Your picture needs to be entirely selfdrawn and safe for work.
- The artist’s information (name, picture name, DeviantArt or portfolio website) will be printed on the backside of the card. GalaCon will handle this part – The artist just needs to make sure the information is precise and correct.
- Anthro and humanized are allowed.
- The winning pictures cannot be used for any other prints outside of Project GLACEON.
Submissions will be accepted on Deviantart! To do so, submit your picture to Deviantart and add it to the GalaCon group in the Project GLACEON folder. This folder will be showcased on the front page of the GalaCon group. Please keep in mind that only one picture per character will make it into print. If we receive more than one picture for the same character, we will have to decide on one.
Deadline for picture entries is the 15th June 2014.
Have fun and good luck!
Your GalaCon Team